Assistant Recovery Residence Manager Job Description
The Assistant Residence Manager is a part-time, live in professional that assists in managing and coordinating the Recovery Residence. This position works with men in early recovery, providing structure and support to establish stable long-term recovery from substance use disorder.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click to apply through our Indeed Job Posting
- Act as a role model in recovery for the residents of the Butte SPIRIT House by modeling sobriety, work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Participate in screening potential Residents.
- Develop a peer/coach relationship with Residents
- Facilitate House Meetings, Community Meetings and/or Life Skills Groups
- Teach Residents how to utilize available support systems in the community.
- Provide the Residence Manager with ongoing feedback regarding Resident behavior to assist in the determination of programming.
- Assist Residence Manager by keeping inventory of household supplies, documenting and remediating safety issues, and monitoring the home to protect from damage and/or theft.
- Provide crisis intervention and mediation as necessary.
- Enforce the house rules, including assignment of household chores to residents.
- Complete documentation of Resident information, including activities performed or interventions provided as part of the service delivery process, to be documented and monitored in Resident case files.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by the Residence Manager or Executive Director.
Work Schedule & Status:
Part-Time, Salaried, Non–Exempt Position. Primarily works Saturday/Sunday. Approximately 20 hours per week. The Assistant Residence Manager is a half-time salaried position, and as a live-in position, involves working sometimes varied days and hours. Weekend work is required and most hours are worked while unsupervised.
Materials and Equipment Used:
Telephone; fax machine; general office supplies; computers; motorized vehicles; breathalyzer; urinalysis collection cups; household cleaning supplies
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of quality sobriety, with active maintenance of a recovery program
- Desire to share personal experience, strength, and hope with newcomers to recovery
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires typing and computer competency, including Windows applications for moderate levels of typing case notes, client records, client intake, and house documents
- Valid Driving License
- Willingness to obtain additional relevant education and training
- Must be able to live in a shared living situation with other men; Requires maintaining a visible presence in the SPIRIT House, including being present in the residence at night.
Preferred (not required) Qualifications, Traits and Skills:
- A working knowledge of addiction, mental illness and homelessness
- Certified Behavioral Health Peer Support Specialist
- House maintenance/repair skills
- Degree or enrollment in addictions studies course work
- Knowledge of community resources
Competitive salary compensation will be discussed based on experience and at the discretion of the Board of Directors
At Butte SPIRIT Center we care about the health and safety of our employees. Butte SPIRIT Center requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment screenings.
Cover letter and resume including character references should be sent to email@example.com