Recovery Residence Manager Job Description
Butte SPIRIT is a non-profit organization in Butte, Montana. We are currently seeking to hire a full-time Recovery Residence Manager at our new all-male Sober Living Residence. This position requires a self-starting, detail-oriented individual with leadership skills and a passion for helping others recover from a substance use disorder.
The Residence Manager will be a full-time, live in professional with the responsibility of managing and coordinating the Recovery Residence. This includes duties related to resident support, administration, coordination of care, housekeeping, and daily living. This position works directly with men in early recovery, providing structure and support to men seeking to establish stable long-term recovery from a substance use disorder.
The Recovery Residence Manager will be trained as a Peer Support Specialist, reporting directly to the Butte SPIRIT Home Board of Directors while working with community based service providers and volunteers as part of a team and receiving regular non-clinical supervision. The ideal candidate will be willing to develop and maintain peer/coach relationships with residents, providing them with guidance on how to maintain stable sober housing and how to live in a communal setting. The organization takes a holistic view of recovery, incorporating nutrition, fitness, general wellness, skill building, and sober leisure activities, as well as traditional drug and alcohol treatment therapies into our program.
- Participate in screening all potential residents
- Review Program and House Rules with all new residents and ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain a peer/coach relationship with residents and facilitate house meetings
- Provides crisis intervention and mediation as necessary
- Assist Board of Directors in coordinating care with external service providers
- Teaches residents how to utilize available support systems in the community
- Provide management of the home, upkeep, schedule repairs, grocery shopping, etc.
- Organization and maintenance of documentation of written client information
- Complete documentation of activities performed or interventions provided as part of the service delivery process, documented in case file and monitored frequently
- Monitoring of finances of the residents
- Participates in staff training, supervisory meetings & program consultation.
- Provide feedback to Board of Directors on maintenance, safety, and client progress
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and traits:
- Self-Starter– Ability to work independently, effectively & efficiently with flexible hours
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving issues and conflict, maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to new ideas.
- Teamwork – Follows instructions, responds to Board direction; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness.
- Diversity- Shows respect for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Provide compassionate and nurturing support to clients without judgement; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic, detail oriented action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Requirements Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 2 years clean and sober
- A working knowledge of addiction, mental illness and homelessness
- Requires typing and computer competency, including Windows applications for moderate levels of typing case notes, client records, client intake, and house documents
- Must own a car, Valid MT Driving License
- Willingness to obtain additional education including Peer Supporter training, Basic First Aid, CPR, Mental Health First Aid, and drug testing procedures
- Flexible on-call schedule; Requires maintaining a visible presence in the SPIRIT House, including being present in the residence at night on occasion
Preferred (NOT REQUIRED) Qualifications, Traits and Skills:
- Able to live in a shared living situation in the recovery home with other men
- 4 Year Bachelors Degree
- House maintenance/repair skills
- Experience with sober living housing programs
- Experience working in a substance abuse program
- Knowledge of community resources
Competitive compensation will be based on experience and at the discretion of the Board of Directors
This position will work initially as a contractor. (1099 Independent Contractor)
At Butte SPIRIT Center we care about the health and safety of our employees and contractors. Butte SPIRIT Center requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment screenings.
Send cover letter and resume including character references to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the post and apply on Indeed